I have yet to figure out why I am here....the Japanese are also confused. Keep Your Socks Clean: I'll let the pictures speak for themselves

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves

I've been extremely busy the last few days (and haven't had much time to update). I've moved across the Osaka prefecture and been dealing with getting acquainted to a new Japanese family (who are all awesome by the way). More on them later. Now I just want to throw out some stuff from my Kyoto trip. Unlike before where I gave a huge commentary on step by step events of the day, I think I'm gonna let the pictures talk for themselves this time for the most part.


Kyoto - Gion district:

Spot the turtle:






Here we (me and my friend) are eating on a platform over a 100 foot or so drop. Those are the tops of trees right behind us. I was a bit upset with the waiter cause she basically said that foreigners are stupid and don't know how to eat the noodles right...it really didn't help matters that I actually didn't know.






They have this machine that you insert the cups into after you drink out of them. It supposedly instantly sterilizes the cups with ultra-violet rays. Think of it as an anti-cooties laser.


Kyoto streets:





And of course, the Geisha again, where a trip to Kyoto would not be complete without. My friend called them over and told them I wanted a picture with them as I was trying to run away. They really don't look to pleased about it, and I was mostly busy just trying to hide the melting ice cream cone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brookie,

Great pictures! I'm glad things are going well with your host family. I have to tell you-- that picture of you between the two maiko san (the trainee geisha) is a real beauty. You're lucky that your friend had the guts (or whatever) to ask them. You and your family will treasure it forever. I can't wait to hear about school.

So--do you know how to eat cold soba noodles now? Keep 'em clean...

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, bueatiful.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home