I have yet to figure out why I am here....the Japanese are also confused. Keep Your Socks Clean: Alone in a Crowd

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Alone in a Crowd

It's yet another perfect day in Japan and I find myself in the midst of hundreds of Japanese people in a park not far from my house. The occasion was one of the many sports festivals that Kazuki, my host-family little brother, finds himself involved in.

With a rough estimate of about 500 people there, things where really getting busy with all the games for the little kids they had going on... seeing as how this event was organized for young children of about ages of 8-13. I was being dragged around by Kazuki to all the different games they had going on, one of which was basically Russian Roulette that would pop a balloon in the gun when you where the unlucky gunman. I can honestly say that was the first time that shooting yourself in the head turned into a family activity. All in all, it wasn't such a bad time.

In one side of the park they had rigged up a massive stage for the announcers and a few local acts to entertain the people. One thing about different about Japan that you have to realize when compared to western society is that they really like their parks. The entire thing was rigged with a stereo system and loud speakers so that people in the entire quarter mile diameter area could easily hear what was being broadcasted.

After a few basic greetings and the normal dull political jabberings that school board leaders and the such like to dish out every time there is an audience around, the events started. With this particular festival, the local kids dance team was invited to perform.

The stage was stormed by little kids, ages probably 10-13, who all got in a dance stance to wait for the music. What happened next was probably one of the most disturbingly awesome things I've seen to date in this country.

From my personal experience of having a little sister... I tend to notice that kids around that age seem to like to watch alot of MTV to pick up on fashions and music. In Japan, this is especially true... in fact just about everything they know about the west is from stereotyped TV. The problem with that is, they just don't know exactly what they are watching half the time. Need proof? Heres a bit of the lyrics from the song they where dancing too.

You don't wanna party then your ass gotta go
Now you can ride to this motherf***r (uh)
Bounce to this motherf***r (uh)
Freak to this motherf***r (let's get it on)
...
Once again it's the darker nigga
Here to spark a nigga, break apart a nigga
But the dog is bigger, under stress
So unless you're wanting to bless to the chest
These slugs from his Smith and Wess REST!
Or the pump'll put a hurt on a nigga
DUMP SIX, motherf***r feed em dirt on a nigga
My hands stay dirty, cause I play dirty the mob way
You don't know? f**k it find out the hard way
Song - "Get it on the Floor" by DMX


Only in Japan can you see a bunch of little kids amatuer hip-hop dance to extremely offensive and racially incorrect music... followed up by hundreds of parents giving little golf-claps of appreciation while talking about how talented the kids on stage are because not a one of them in the entire park understood the lyrics.

God I love this country.

I'll leave yall with cut of the next song they performed too.


Whatcha gonna do with all that junk,
all that junk inside that trunk.

I'ma get get get get you drunk,
get you love drunk off my hump.

Whatcha gonna do with all that ass,
all that ass inside your jeans.

I'ma make make make make you scream,
make you scream make you scream.

Coz of my humps, my hump, my hump my hump
my hump, my hump my hump, my lovely lady lumps.
Song: "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 Thank you for mentioning me, but I am a little older than 13
and
#2 My Humps is my ring tone on my phone right now...lol...how ironic!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home